Friday, February 13, 2009

Here

I am here with at least 2 more months of winter ahead of me. We had a little warm spell that lasted a day - it was almost 50 degrees! Today, back to single digits. Knowing I will be leaving this Artic Tundra for sand in less than 2 weeks gives me a little hope.


Some people call this cabin fever.


I call it lack of sunshine.


I've been spending these long days working and/or day dreaming about my garden that doesn't exist, yet. I think about the soil conditions I need. I wonder where I will place my fruitful garden. And how to make it deer-proof but not unsightly. Questions will be asked by the builder of said garden: size, location, water source, soil amending...there is too much to consider especially when everything is under 1-2 feet of snow.
In the meantime, I'll just toss a cast iron fry pan!!



27 feet - not too bad. The winner of the contest tossed it over 40 feet!!

3 comments:

Phill said...

Hey! Neato! I'm so happy to know someone who entered the frying pan toss!

ADKMac said...

I enter to win every year. And one year I will win!

Gettysburg Mom said...

I already gave you the visualization tips you need to win that puppy next year.

You'll also be in better shape next winter. Your progressive weight lifting program will have advanced from a one year old to a two year old. That'll give you some smoking guns next year...:)

Hey- did you hear about my dog? ;)