Monday, January 19, 2009

Winter is More than Cold

That's right - sure we get cold (actually, freezing) and snow but can you guess what else??

Car problems - HURRAY! Since last week when it was -20-something, my car is rather upset at me. And, I don't blame it. A few years ago I got a automatic car starter from Santa Hub (well, Per-Hub Santa) and LOVED it! It was really a gift for both of us since this got him out of starting it for me.

Last week when it was negative frigid I was going through my normal morning routine of getting everything together, get my baby dressed, lunches, shoes, hats and my coffee. I pushed the start button and walked away thinking it'd start like always and continued to get myself and my baby ready to brave the cold. Lesson: Always isn't forever. My more car didn't start! So, I, like many other folks would do, pointed the button, outstretched my arm aiming it directly at the car and PRESSED the button for 30 seconds. Nothing. Not even an attempt to start.

Bum deal. Fine, stupid car - don't start. I'll just start it old-fashion like - with the key.

It chugged, reluctantly, started. But now my doors lock and unlock sporadically. It no longer toots when I lock it or unlock it. And, now that we're having a warm spell (20 above!), it still won't start via button.

I am not car savvy, if you weren't aware. It was a good 2-3 years that I didn't pump gas or do anything besides start car, change CD's, adjust mirrors and bring it to the garage every 3-4 months for it's "loving" - car wash, oil change and anything else. So, do you think it's my car battery?

1 comment:

Phill said...

I think it's the phases of the moon, combined with how many eggs you had for breakfast that day. =)

I totally know nothing about cars.