Friday, December 5, 2008

Combustable


Most of you know have I have a kid - a boy. He's 16 months old - cute, happy and fat. (I can call my kid fat if I want! - And it's not McDonald fat, it's wonderful, kissable, pinchable baby fat.)
Anyways, back to my combustable topic...
At 12:30 this morning, I hear him whining/crying. When he was an infant I took care listening to his cries to try to break the code of exactly why he's crying. Last night wasn't the "crying in my sleep - don't worry mom, I'm fine. Just crying in my sleep" type of cry. After 20 minutes listening to this without any change, I go in to check on him. He's on his belly, with his butt in the air (ohhh, I love how he sleeps!), still doing the whine/cry. Then I see this light...near his legs. I try to trace the light to the source. It wasn't entering from a window and it's not from any light inside of the house. I rub my eyes (hey, it's 1am by now!) and look more intently. It's from his fleece jammies! He's creating sparks!!! Really? {rub eyes more} OH MY!! I ended up downstairs on the couch trying to sooth my Little Racoon back to sleep so I can possibly get more sleep too.
Thankfully, he didn't combust. And, thankfully it's Friday and I'll be able to in tomorrow!

2 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I've been getting zapped by the mountains of fleece I call my laundry pile.

Sparks + Babies = SCARY!

AdkJen said...

At first I was thinking it was a flashlight or something... Poor little guy!