Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Construction Zone!

In the beginning we had this:



which is now our driveway...the tarp was our cover from rain, eating area and storage. We would camp out there every weekend for months. We only had a charcoal grill which took FOREVER to get going. And when you are staving, it was FOREVER waiting for a hot dog, or 3.



This site is where our home is now. We did a great deal of clearing. The boys chainsawed, I loaded up the fires. On a few days, I had help. Otherwise, I managed hauling 8-10 foot pine sections and load them on the fire.


I've been called out by http://citymousecountryhouse.blogspot.com/ in regards to building a home up here in the ADK Mountains.



These pics are totally in the wrong order and my ability to make it work properly stinks. I vow to do better next time around! So, I'm sorry but work with me here.






Pine Tongue and Groove - say it with me:













ooohhhhhh ---- Ahhhhhhh! So pretty. So much work. It took an hour to install each course. That doesn't include the HOURS it took to sand, poly, sand, poly, sand, poly and sand each board.






Before upstairs ceiling could be installed (or insulating the attic space), we put up plastic as a vapor barrier. This also keep the nasty itches of insulation in it's place - up there. As you can see by peering out the windows, this was last winter. The walls were insulated but not the ceiling which means it was freakin' cold upstair. With each piece of T&G installed, you could almost feel it get warmer. But it wasn't until the attic was insulated with the very messy blown-in stuff that we got the upstairs above 60 degrees.


--sorry everything is in the wrong order...I'm learn. Or you can let me know how to change the arraingment of the pics once I uploaded them.
~Still Learning Mac.


3 comments:

Phill said...

Neat pics, and really lovely property! Thanks for posting the pics. Really cool.

Here's how you can move pics - To make it easy, space your block of text down from the top a few lines. (You'll see why later.)

Click on the "Edit HTML" tab at the top of the edit window. Import a photo. In the HTML window, you won't see your photo. You'll see code. You photo's code will loon like a bunch of gobbledygook in between two As. Like this, but without the spaces -

< a stuff here a >

Sooo, that code is your picture. You can cut it and paste it (including the As and arrows) down the page where you'd like it.

ADKMac said...

Thank you CM - I'll get better at this - promise!

cneddy said...

when are you building the personal sound studio/jam room so shane can have all his buddies over to pick and play into the wee hours of the morning? let me know when it's done and powered up please.

i won't hold my breath.