Monday, December 29, 2008

Almost Done

The holidays are so amazing - especially up here in the ADK's. With snow romantically falling, multi-color lights brightening up the living room and little bits of whimsy all over. Oh and the smell of homebaked cookies...MMMMMMmmm!

Then, then you hear it from across the mall - the child that hasn't slept in 14 days CRYING, WHINING - DEMANDING said toy that he/she saw on TV. I can feel my fallopian tubes knot themselves up. MY GOSH - that mother better buy THAT toy - pronto! For my sanity, please - I will contribute cash - either remove child from my range of hearing or give me a tranquilizer!

So, that's shopping - crazy people flocking displays, sales racks and running for the door - just to be stuck in that hour long line that hasn't inched a bit. After all the gifts are open, removed from their packaging and played with for 20 seconds (my new demands are that my kid needs to play with the toy for longer than it took me to remove it from it's packaging origami) just to toss it aside and ask for this new toy - still in box - to be removed. Go see your dad.

Happy New Year's to everyone! I hope you have a safe one.

2 comments:

Phill said...

Yeah ... that yapping toy poodle on the floor in front the KB Toys in the corner of the Pburgh mall tends to set something visceral in me off ... I think you have nailed it. It signals whining and gimmee-gimmee!

Gettysburg Mom said...

Like you have a mall in your neighborhood... who are you trying to kid?

I like the new header!!