Wednesday, December 3, 2008

House Plans

See house.

See house being built.
See house getting windows, ceilings and walls.
See a couple with baby move in.
See house progress halt.

What happened?

Over the last ohhh, I'd say 3 years we've been planning and constructing this home for us to raise a family in. But the family came early. So actual projects getting their "complete" stamp has been far and few between. It's a tad bit annoying to live in a constant construction zone. Besides the constant smudge of white on my sleeve from the exposed dry wall and my baby discovering random screws on the floor and bringing them to mommy, it's better than apartment dwelling.

Way better.

I would rather have that smudge of white than live next to the Water Hole #3 any day!

Side note - why is it #3? Is there or was there a #1 and #2 somewhere else? Like a franchise?

4 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I've never lived in a house that wasn't under construction. I don't know what it's like to have all walls, ceilings and floors complete and whole at one time. Some day. Some distant day...

Gettysburg Mom said...

Except my parents house. My Dad knew how to finish a project. If only that knowledge could somehow be passed on...

Phill said...

Yea, Mac! I certainly would prefer just about anything over living next to the Waterhole. And I've wondered the same - What happend to numbers one and two?

I'm totally adding you to my blog list!

Jen said...

Growing up you would only nap if the electric saw was going.
Maybe that is your comfort zone??

There's progress hon. There's progress.