Thursday, March 5, 2009

I can do anything!

I'm totally unsure what to call this post.

I've been through a whirlwind of excitement, adventure, public restrooms, public diaper changes at 20,000 feet, odd looking sandwiches, perfect pour drinks, under-appreciated employees, pilots...(I flew on a 10 person plane - that includes 2 pilots but there was always just 5 of us on the plane each way - on our flight from Boston to the ADK's, I accidentally kicked the pilot because my foot was asleep since my 19 month old "baby" FINALLY fell asleep on my lap and my leg was cramping up so I needed to stretch.

I still have yet to tell about airport parking, antique residents in Florida, me with GPS, catching a lady that passed out, my son pooping while staring down a stranger I was talking to about how to teach a baby sigh language, the lack of use of blinkers and palm trees.

Did you know hula hoops are making a comeback?

Traffic. Don't miss it. Although, I miss the gas prices. $1.85.

However, now that I've traveled with said baby, on small planes, big planes, long waits in lines, in tight places - I feel a sort of accomplishment.

I didn't eat a flamingo.

I missed the snow.

Honestly, and you may say I'm selfish, but I went to Florida so my husband could tile our kitchen. You cannot tile with toddler around when you live in an open floor plan house. The tile is beautiful!

I didn't mention the chocolate covered bacon - MMMMMmmmmmmm - Amazing!!!

3 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

Um, I came expecting a recipe for said chocolate covered bacon. I am sorely disappointed. Sorely disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Recipe as follows:

Cook Bacon.
Melt Chocolate.
Coat Bacon with chocolate.
Enjoy!!

Note: This is extremely delicious. You may need to be in a locked room to be able to enjoy more than one piece. As my son had 3 pieces of it - and wanted more!!

Phill said...

You're totally trying to get me to gain all that weight back. I know you are. You know I am exactly the type of rare breed that would respond enthusiastically to a combination of the words "chocolate" and "bacon." Congrats on the travel survival. You are a warrior! PS - You didn't hear it from me, but - our offer on the big RV was accepted. More on that later.