Friday, March 20, 2009

Lists

I make lists. And lists of lists. At one time I had lists of lists of lists. Crazy redundancies in each one. They were about two weeks old and more was being added than accomplished. Maddening.

I got tired of looking at them one day and tossed it all in the woodstove. I felt if it was that important, I would have done the deed by now. Either by force (get gas for car) or by need (go grocery shopping). But some tasks slipped through. I have yet to get a Christmas Present for a family member. I don't want them to think their gift went unappreciated or unnoticed.

Reflecting back to my random thoughts yesterday regarding my inability is recalling passwords and such, I have a present day conundrum. If I cannot keep a to-do list and can't remember things I need to do - what's the next step? Keeping a list of only 10 things and I can't add any until I take some away? I would feel accomplished but more like mollified.

2 comments:

Gettysburg Mom said...

I like to put things on lists like:

1- Wake Up
2- Drink Coffee
3- Get Kids Up
4- Change Greeley's Diaper
5- Feed Children Breakfast
6- Pack Shea's Lunch
7- Get Clothes out for Shea to wear to school
8- Nurse Greeley
9- Eat Breakfast
10- Tell Shea to go to school

See? A list of 10 things all knocked off by 8:00 AM. Damn, I'm efficient.

Phill said...

I am a lister, but I just keep one list - an uber list. It's the master "If you don't do this, there are going to be problems" list. I add and cross off from it every day.

Today's word verification is "perawsma". That's Adirondack for "The black fly, she bites you."